This modern facility contains 74 beds in their care and is designed to meet the needs of the older person in a pleasant and comfortable surrounding. They provide help and support to old-er persons and their families who have different needs and abilities. The standards are to deliv-er the best quality care to residents in both a holistic and individual environment.
• To maintain a high standard of nursing care.
• To (further) develop clinical expertise, leadership and teaching skills through nursing practice.
• To share responsibility with the nursing team for the management of nursing care and the patients environment under the direction of the Clinical Nurse Manager 1.
• To maintain a high standard of professional and ethical responsibility.
To provide and maintain effective, individualised nursing care by;
• Preparing and up-dating the nursing care plans within a nursing framework.
• Assisting the medical staff in their treatment of patients through the coordination of care treatments provided by other disciplines and integrating these into the care plan.
• Acting as a primary/associate nurse in giving skilled nursing care and treatment for case-load of patients.
• Involving the patients relatives in teaching and supervising them in nursing techniques in preparation for discharge.
• Utilise assessment skills and techniques to determine patients’ needs on admission
• Complete and document the nursing admission assessment in a thorough and accurate manner into the electronic assessments and care plans.
• Re-assess the patient’s condition on an on-going basis
• Assess the need for patient/family instruction
• Document plans of care based on patient needs in the electronic care plan system.
• Update the computer plans of care based on patient needs
• Collaborate with other health team members in planning care
• Provide safe, comprehensive nursing care
• Know and practice according to established legal requirements policy and procedures
• Establish care priorities based on nursing/medical patients problems
• Perform procedures accurately, completely and safety
• Maintain a safe environment for patients
• Respect the dignity and confidence of patients
• Function quickly and effectively in an emergency situation
• Adapt to changing workload
• Deal with ward incidents in accordance with unit policy. Accurately record and report details
• Document according to policy and procedures
• Report verbally and document in computer pertinent patient care information to ap-propriate nursing/medical personnel
• Communicate appropriately with patients/relatives and colleagues and other members of the health care team
• Approach interpersonal relationship in a manner that avoids antagonism, reduces con-flict and prevents undue anxiety
• Recognise self – limitations and request assistance.
• Support the philosophy, objectives and goals of the Nursing Home
• Follow appropriate lines of authority by discussing issues firstly with the clinical Nurse Manager and the CNM 2
• Demonstrate flexibility by assisting in other areas of the Homes needed
• Use time effectively
• Show ability to delegate work to the other members of the team
• Use discretion for decision making regarding patient care
• Display initiative
• Report on-going problems to the Clinical Nurse Manager 2
• Demonstrate ability to teach and guide more junior staff
• Show interest in Post Graduate Education/Self Development
• Attend required standard number of Study Days in the year
• The job description indicated the main function and responsibilities of the post and is subject to review and amendment. Other specific work not covered in this job descrip-tion may also be assigned by Management from time to time.
To apply for this job offer please send your CV in English and Europass format together with a motivation letter with ref