Your trust that we handle your personal data carefully, we want to assure every day. Our agency works with well-protected information systems and clear privacy statements. With the introduction of the GDPR, this is how we handle your personal data.
Borboleta Jobabroad B.V. is established in Oss (The Netherlands) and is active in the provision of services in the field of employment mediation. We are responsible for the processing of your personal data as a processing controller and/or data protecting officer in the sense of the GDPR.
Starting point when processing data
Starting point in processing data is that this happens
• With your permission
• To be able to carry out the agreement and/or user conditions that we have agreed with you
Visitors and users of the website or portals
What data do we collect:
When using: As soon as you provide us with information, by filling in a form, submitting an application or registration in which you create an account in our portal, we process the data that you provide to us. We ask you to give us only information that is correct and relevant.
Purpose of collecting information:
Visit: This information helps us to improve the website or the app, for your ease of use and to provide you with the best possible service.
When used; to be able to carry out the agreement and/or user conditions that we have agreed with you.
(1) A cookie is a file that is stored on your computer. These cookies can be recognized during a follow-up visit to our website. You can find more information about this further in the document.
Applicants, (potential) candidates, employees of suppliers, participants of customers or other persons.
Jobabroad only records special personal data (as meant in GDPR) after your permission.
What data do we collect:
We process the personal data necessary for our service; part of this information is required to use our services. We can not execute our services without this information. Additional information may be desirable in order to better tailor the service to your wishes, qualities and/or availability or to meet more specific questions or obligations with regard to the job and/or from clients. We ask you only to provide us with information that is correct and relevant. We may also collect (contact) information from you if you have placed it on public funds, only if we have a legitimate reason to assume that you would be interested in work or our services. In that case, we will approach you to test your interest to register with us in accordance with our conditions and with due observance of this Privacy Statement. You are personally responsible for personal data that is available from you on the internet. Tip: check this regularly and if you don’t want information to be available to third parties, please check this out carefully.
More explained per category, among others, the following (documents with) personal data.
When registering with Jobabroad:
• Personal information; name, address, place of residence;
• Date of birth, age, gender;
• Resume, information about training, internships and work experience;
• Information about training and education and/or testing that you have followed or done yourself (or trough us);
• Data on availability and when or leave;
• Other data that may or may be important in the assessment of the suitability of you as a candidate, for example a statement about behaviour, criminal record, references and testimonials;
• Passport photo and video (introduction) – only on a voluntary basis;
• A copy of the proof of identity may be stored and checked during recruitment and selection in order to check whether you are allowed to work in a specific country;
• Diploma evaluation (depending on Country)
We care for an inclusive labour market, where everyone that is able can participate. Data like your gender and age, we ask you to communicate with us, to determine whether we have certain obligations (such as with respect to pay and whether we need permission from parents or guardians)
The moment you are mediated by Jobabroad:
• Nationality, citizen service number, identity card, work permit;
• Other data related to the personnel, salary and absenteeism registration;
• In addition, we sometimes process data for the purpose of certain functions in the context of the selection;
Jobabroad only records special personal data (2) if necessary to comply with its legal requirements to comply with obligations, or if this is otherwise permitted by or pursuant to the law.
(2) By ‘special personal data’ is meant; data on race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical religion or beliefs, genetic and biometric data, health, sexual life, union membership, criminal data and/or personal data about unlawful or annoying behaviour.
Purpose of collecting information:
We collect and process your data for the execution of our HR services, including; mediation and recruitment & selection.
More explained, your personal date will be processed at;
• Communicate (correctly and clearly) with you;
• Make your offers and/or provide information about the services and other activities and to better attune them to your wishes and qualities, this is done by our employees and partly automated (for example with a vacancy alert);
• To approach you for commercial offers, newsletters, events and promotional campaigns that may be of interest to you, only if you have registered for it;
• Process or respond to your feedback or complaints in order to improve our services and resources or to be of better service to you;
• To improve our services;
• To be able to assess your suitability and availability in connection with mediation for the assignment, whereby test results, reference checks, social media can also be used (only if this is really relevant to the job and is included in the vacancy indicated);
• Gain insight into companies where or through whom you may be deployed or how we can support or advise you when looking for work;
• To present your profile to our clients, this can also be done by means of sound and/or visual material, in case of videos or photos: only if you have provided it to us on a voluntary basis, or have it provided; you plan as well as possible according to your wishes and availability and the possibilities at our client;
• To enter into and maintain a mediation relationship with you and to carry out the relevant administration for this purpose;
• Carry out the necessary actions and administration in case we are self-insured as mediator;
• To record an assignment with the client in a agreement with the client and to maintain and fulfil the contact with the client;
• To process data for the purpose of certain functions in the context of the selection/screening;
• Promote your personal development and employability, including through training, education and testing;
• For management purposes including; management information, providing internal controls and operational safety and performing audits and auditing;
• Quality objectives such as certification;
• To be entitled to subsidies to grants, premium discounts, labour benefit; if we have entered into an employee or personnel/broker relationship with you, for compliance with laws and regulations, including but not limited to identification, labour law, tax and social security legislation, pension, anti-fraud and national and international sanctions legislation.
What data do we collect:
We process the personal data necessary for our service. Additional information may be desirable in order to better tailor the service to your wishes, or to meet more specific questions or obligations regarding the cooperation. We ask you only to provide us with information that is correct and relevant. We may also collect (contact) information from you if you have placed it on public funds, only if we have a legitimate reason to assume that you would be interested in work or our services. In that case we will approach you to test your interest. You are personally responsible for personal data that is available from you at/on the internet. Tip: check this regularly and if you do not want information to be available to third parties, please check this out carefully.
More explained, among other things, the following (documents with) personal data:
• Name and contact details;
• Function title;
• Details of the company which you work for or represent;
• Data to maintain a good business relationship with you
Purpose of collecting information:
To make offers for and/or provide information about the services and other activities and to maintain a business relationship and to conclude and maintain an order agreement.
More explained, these personal data are processed to;
• To be able to establish, maintain and fulfil the agreement with you;
• To be able to communicate with you;
• To maintain a good business relationship with you; to be able to make offers, to give business gifts and/or to provide information about the services and other activities;
• To approach you for commercial offers, newsletters, events and promotional campaigns that may be interest to you;
• To be able to send invoices;
• To determine the creditworthiness (if necessary);
• To give you and/or your colleagues access to the portal and to organize the account management;
• For evaluating purposes (for example, to provide the correct person with the correct information);
• Process or respond to your feedback or complaints in order to improve our service and resources or to provide you with a better service;
• To be able to improve our services.
The retention periods that we use depend on the applicable statutory retention periods, any claims risks or other obligations based on your personal data are not to be kept longer than necessary.
Candidates who have not (yet) worked through Jobabroad:
Your mediation data (Resume, work experience, education, test results etc) are available up to two years after the last contact if you did not through Jobabroad. You get both a year after the last contact as two years after the last contact a message from us that you are registered with us. If you wish no longer to be in mediation, you can unsubscribe by sending a email to email@example.com. You will no longer be approached and/or mediated by Borboleta Jobabroad. Your personal data are available for 24 calendar months in a protected environment in connection with claim risks. Your data is in this protected environment only available for Jobabroad under strict conditions in accordance with the stipulated conditions goals and deadlines. Your data will be permanently deleted after the mentioned periods have expired. In the future, if you want to apply for/register with Jobabroad, you will have to do over the procedure. If you do not want your registration to be removed after two years, you can prevent this by; having your profile updated, indicating your availability or by targeting apply for a vacancy. Your personal data are only available for Jobabroad in accordance with the set goals and deadlines.
Candidates who work or worked at Jobabroad:
Your personal data are available up to two years after the end employment contract/brokerage agreement. Certain personal data are for the benefit of for example, claims, audits (5 years after the end of the calendar year) and tax obligations (7 years after the end calendar year) available for Jobabroad.
Personal data are available up to two years after the last placement.
With who can we share your data?
Jobabroad can pass on your personal data to the following (category of) recipients as far as application;
• Other agencies of Borboleta Jobabroad;
• Subcontractors and suppliers (such as data processors) who provide services or carry out assignments on behalf of Jobabroad. The recipients only have access to the data they need to perform their tasks and are bound by contractual obligations;
• Third parties such as service providers who carry out functions in our assignment (including test, training and/or exam institutes, parties that perform customer satisfaction surveys, for example, for the purposes of quality marks and certifications, external consultants, business partners and professional advisors such as lawyers, auditors, technical support functions and IT consultants who develop and test our systems);
• Clients where we can introduce you, where you work or are working through us, or who ask us to use our services for your career counselling, coaching, mediation or outplacement;
• Individuals and organizations that have information about your reference or suitability (such as diplomas) or that we provide, at your request, information or that provide us, at your request, with information such as current, former or intended employers, trainers, exam institutes and employment agencies;
• Third parties to whom we provide data, with your explicit consent, or share data on you request in connection with data portability;
• Pension fund, (if applicable);
• Government agencies and other agencies (such as subsidy applicants) if we believe that we are obliged or entitled to do so.
• And in all other cases where we are obliged to do so, for example by a court order
The sharing of the personal data takes place on the basis of a legitimate interest, permission, legal obligation and/or to execute the agreement in accordance with the goals as mentioned under ‘purpose of collecting information’.
Your personal data can be transmitted or stored outside the country. Jobabroad has taken the necessary measures to ensure that the personal data transmitted are adequately protected. Your personal data can be sent to one or more countries within or outside the European Union and processed there. We only disclose your personal data to countries outside the EU that the European Commission believes you have sufficient degree of protection or where Jobaboad or its related organizations have taken appropriate security measures to ensure the privacy of your data.
You have the right to submit a request for:
• Access to the personal data that we process about you;
• Rectification of your personal data;
• Removal of your personal data or restriction of processing; in certain circumstances, unless we have a good reason, such as a legal obligation, to process the personal data or not to delete it;
• Restriction of or objection to the processing of personal data;
• Transfer of your data
In case of your request, for the protection of personal data, we will have to be able to determine your identity. We do not use automated decision-making that is only based on automated processing including profiling.
For candidates, flex workers, freelancers and clients with an account in one of our portals:
• If you have your own account, you have access to a large part of your personal data and as a candidate, flex worker of freelancer you can download the data for the right to data portability (transferability). You can also change a number of details yourself, such as making adjustments to your resume, if applicable, or your account details;
• If the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. However, withdrawal of your consent does not affect the legality of any processing on the basic of your prior consent before we have received such a withdrawal or if further processing of the same data has been continued on a different basic, such as an agreement or Jobabroads legal obligation;
Below the way you can withdraw your consent;
• If you can given up for receiving information for news items, events, alerts or other messages, you can unsubscribe option in the mail you receive;
• You can prevent cookies being placed at your browser settings, but you can also change or delete your cookie settings from your device at any time at the browser settings;
• If you want to change or delete data that you can not change by yourself, then you can contact Jobabroad.
If you have any questions, please contact (your contact person within) Jobabroad or send us an e-mail. If you have any complaints, please let us know so that we can help you further and, if necessary, improve our services/work processes.
If you have any questions, comments or complaints about the protection of your personal data by Jobabroad, please contact your agency or your contact person. Or contact our data protection officer at Jobabroad in connection with the Data Protection Officer by email firstname.lastname@example.org. You have the right to submit a complaint about the processing of your personal data with the authority for personal data. If there is a (presumption of) a data breach, for example, if you suspect loss or unauthorized access to personal data, please let us know immediately. We kindly ask you to report this to us.
Jobabroad makes every effort to optimally protect your personal data. We have taken physical, administrative, organizational and technical measures to prevent unauthorized use, taking into account the latest state of art. These measures are regularly evaluated and updated where necessary. If and insofar as data is provided to data processors who provide services or carry out assignments on its behalf, Jobabroad had agreed with them that they also optimally protect the personal data. You should be aware that you are personally responsible for the security of your computer equipment and/or telephone and your own internet connection and that is never 100% safe. The transmission of personal data at the internet is therefore at your own risk. The correct operation and security of the (web) portals only apply when the device, on which the portal is opened, is provided with the official versions of operating systems from Google (Android) and Apple (iOS) that we support.
A cookie is a file that is stored on your computer. These cookies can be recognized during a follow-up visit to our website. Cookies from Jobabroad can not damage your computer or files. Jobabroad only places cookies that are necessary for the execution of the services. If there are other cookies be placed, we ask for your prior consent.
Jobabroad does not place cookies for the benefit of other parties, such as advertising networks. Most browsers are set by default to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features and services on our and other websites may not function properly if cookies are disabled in your browser.
Jobabroad may from time to time make changes, additions or changes to its privacy statement for various reasons. The most up-to-date privacy statement can be viewed at all times on the website. We recommend that you regularly read the privacy statement. This version was prepared in May 2018.